Sunday, June 11, 2023

Living on Cape Cod

We have come to rest in Falmouth MA on Cape Cod, and it's so beautiful! Old Silver Beach is only a four minute drive from our house. Melissa did not dilly-dally about getting the car registered here mostly because she wanted that resident beach parking sticker so bad!  We love ❤️ it here and I think it’s safe to say that we will stay forever.  We are renting a condo now and we may move in the future but I hope we don't ever have to move out of Falmouth!

Here is a picture of Old Silver Beach and one of Nobska Lighthouse in Falmouth: 



Our condo has just two bedrooms so my painting studio is shared space in the guest bedroom. My old garage-shelving set-up for painting and storing was not going to work - takes up too much space and too ugly! The solution was this beautiful easel I got from Jerry's Artarama. It's made in Italy, beautiful quality, doesn't take up a lot of space and I love painting on it! The painting you see is the one I worked on today.


So I'm back in a painting rhythm and it feels wonderful! Here's just a sample of things I've done since we got me set back up. I've gotten a variety of substrates including wrapped canvas, canvas panel, and paper to keep things interesting.