Sunday, July 30, 2023

July 2023

 



It's hard to believe it's been 10 months since Hurricane Ian blew through our town in Florida, and 4 months that we have been settled here on Cape Cod. It's that funny feeling where in some ways it feels much shorter, and in others, it feels much longer.

There was so much going on to get us here - home repair, packing, selling the house, organizing a move, finding a place to live, getting here, the house sale falling through,  selling the house again, unpacking, settling in - it's been a really wild ride.

But now, we are settled in and fully enjoying living in this beautiful place and everything it has to offer. Our pleasures are simple - enjoying the nearby beach, going down to Megansett harbor to watch the kids jump off the pier at the end of the day, summer theater, summer concerts, a nice meal in a waterfront restaurant, driving past shingled houses with beautiful gardens. It's nice to be able to really enjoy a simple life right in the place where you live.

I am back into my painting routine and thought I'd share some of what I've done since my last post in June. I hope you are all doing well and as always, thank you for stopping by!

I had a little theme going on for a while with these sunset paintings...







Then I had a little theme going with old/abandoned barns/houses...













And here are some other scenes I played around with...