Sunday, December 18, 2022

Happy Holidays! November and December 2022 Post

 Ever since Hurricane Ian blew through here at the end of September, we've been a little behind the eight ball with all sorts of things - including this blog!

We had almost $40,000 worth of damage, most of which relates to needing a new roof. Parkinson's has turned my mind to JELLO, so Melissa picked up the ball and ran with it with regard to getting repair estimates and lining up the contractors to do the work. The roof has to come first, so there is a whole sequence of events that plays into it as well. 

We still have blue tarps covering our roof, and our roofer told us we are looking at the second week of January for ours to go on. It seems far off still and we are counting the days. Literally - Melissa has marked on our calendar how many days it is until the second week of January....

Once that happens, we can have the lanai rescreened, the ceilings repaired and painted and the insulation replaced. We're hoping that will all be done by the end of February and as soon as it is, we'll be putting the house on the market and ready to forge ahead with our plan to move back to Massachusetts. 

I keep busy by painting, but have noticed that the Parkinson's is causing me to take longer to do a painting and I also feel a lot more tired afterward than I used to. Still, I am very grateful that I am still able to paint.

I've got paintings exhibited at The Yoga Sanctuary this month, with some of the proceeds of any sales going to support Guardian ad Litem. I donated the painting below, Serenity, which will be raffled off and all the money with go to GaL. Here are some shots of the display at the studio:



Serenity, Raffle Painting


Art Bin





Here is what I worked on in November and so far in December. 


Winter Barn


Native American Robe




Two of a Kind


Uphill Pathway


As always, thanks for stopping by my blog and checking out what I've been up to.

Melissa and I wish one and all a
Very Merry Christmas
Happy Holidays
and a
Happy New Year!

JR