Sunday, August 30, 2020

August Post


Stormy Night, New Mexico


Well, here we are at the end of August, and I think this 2020 calendar meme pretty much sums things up, don't you?

No photo description available.

Anyway, we've been hunkered down for 5 full months now, and while we are grateful to be safe at home, the isolation and constraint definitely get to us sometimes. Really, we'd just like to be able to go to a favorite breakfast place. It's even too hot to go to the beach down here right now. But fall is around the corner, so we will take a deep breath and carry on.

How do I cope? I think you know the answer to that! I paint! I had a pretty busy and successful painting month. I've continued to create what I call Mindscapes - landscapes that represent places I've seen, but are not specific places. They are meant to capture a mood, or the feeling of such places. Sometimes after I've painted these, I don't actually remember doing it....

Toward the end of the month I got into a Purple Phase - for some reason I was drawn to incorporating shades of purple, and boy, I think that worked out pretty well! The first painting at the top of the post is the most extreme outcome of this exploration - most are more subtle. 

And the other thing I did was some studies in shades of gray, which create a Black and White study effect. Those two are at the very end.

As always, you can check out my work for sale with sizes and prices at JRSecorFineArt.com.

Here you go - check my month's efforts out below:
Mindscapes


Dusk Settling In


Morning Marshland


Wetlands

Ocean/Seascapes:


Rise and Shine


Low Tide


As the Day Ends


Southwest Landscapes


Cathedral Rock, Backside


Monument Valley, Beyond the Mittens


View of Cathedral Rock from
Red Rock Crossing

Shades of Gray


Shades of Gray III


Shades of Gray IV


Hang in there everyone! I'll see you at the end of September.